Detailed Guide to Resolve TP Link Extender Red Light Issue
If you want to expand your existing wireless network, then there is no better option than TP Link wireless extender. By setting up a TP-Link extender in your home, you will easily be able to gain access to a blazing-fast internet connection without worrying about a lessened speed. However, at times, you might also come across issues with your device. And one such issue will be the red light issue. If you are already experiencing the TP Link extender red light issue, it is recommended that you walk through this post. By the time you have reached the end of it; you will surely be able to stop the LED on your extender from blinking red.
Resolved: TP Link Extender Red Light Issue
Turn Your Extender Off And On
Technical glitches are one of the biggest factors contributing to the TP Link extender red light issue. To get rid of these glitches, our experts suggest that you reboot your wireless device. Wondering how to do that? Well, wonder no more. Simply take the help of the steps mentioned below and learn how to reboot your device:
- Turn off your tplinkrepeater and unplug it from its wall socket.
- Let your device rest for some time.
- Plug your TP Link repeater back into its wall socket and turn it on.
Once you are done rebooting your repeater, you should be able to see the green LED pretty soon. On the off chance, you don’t, take the help of the next hack.
Move Your WiFi Devices Closer
Another reason why you are struggling with the TP Link extender red light issue is because you have placed your extender far from your home router. This might have made it difficult for your devices to transmit signals.
Therefore, make sure that your TP Link wireless range extender as well as your home router are placed in close proximity.
Perform TP Link Firmware Upgrade
Corrupt or obsolete firmware can also be the reason why the LED on your TP Link repeater is just not ready to turn green. Thus, we recommend that you update the firmware of your device to the latest version immediately.
If you are not certain regarding how to go about the process, continue reading:
- Switch on your PC.
- Launch an internet browser on your system.
- Download the latest firmware version for your TP Link wireless extender.
- Once done, open a new tab on your internet browser.
- In the address bar of your browser, type tplinkrepeater.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will land on the official login page of your wireless extender.
- Fill in the default admin details once prompted.
- Click the Log In button.
- You will find yourself on the Quick Setup wizard.
- Click the System Tools option.
- Select Firmware Upgrade.
- Click Browse > Upload.
And you are done! In this manner, you will be able to update the firmware of your TP Link wireless range extender to the latest version.
Reset Your TP Link Extender
Restoring your TP Link wireless repeater to the factory default settings is the last option to try if you are still facing the TP Link extender red light issue.
Thus, go through the step-by-step guidelines mentioned in this post and learn how to reset your WiFi device:
- Look for the Reset button on your TP Link range extender.
- Once found, carefully press it.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and let your device get restored to the default mode.
Once you are done resetting your device, reinstall it using any setup method that you like.
With that, our guide on how to do TP Link troubleshooting to fix the TP Link extender red light issue has come to an end here. Let us hope that after walking through the hacks given above, you will be able to turn the blinking red LED on your device to green. On the off chance, you are still not able to do so, it is recommended that you contact our experts.