How to Configure TP Link High Speed Mode on Extender?
Are you looking for a guide to configure the high speed mode on your TP-Link extender? If the answer to the question is yes, then your search ends here. Here, we will provide you with the step-by-step instructions to configure TP Link high speed mode on the extender. But, before that, have a look at the function of TP-Link high speed mode. Are you looking for a guide to configure the high speed mode on your TP-Link extender? If the answer to the question is yes, then your search ends here. Here, we will provide you with the step-by-step instructions to configure TP Link high speed mode on the extender. But, before that, have a look at the function of TP-Link high speed mode.
Function of TP Link High Speed Mode
The TP Link high speed mode feature switches off one of the wireless bands of the extender to provide the maximum output. If most of your wireless client devices are connected to one radio band, this feature is quite helpful in increasing the overall performance of the TP-Link extender. Therefore, you should configure high speed mode on your range extender if you love playing online games and streaming HD videos.
Moving on, let’s discuss the steps to enable TP Link high speed mode on the extender. For reference, we have taken an example of TP-Link RE505X extender.
- Plug your TP-Link RE505X extender into a wall socket located near the host router.
- Turn on your TP-Link range extender by pressing the Power button.
- Let the power LED on your TP-Link RE505X extender light up.
- Now, pick up an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the host router and another to the TP-Link RE505X range extender.
- Thereafter, get access to a PC or laptop.
- Open a web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, etc.
- Move to the address field of the web browser.
- Type the default web address of the TP-Link range extender.
- Press the Enter key.
- The official login page of the TP-Link range extender will welcome you.
- Here, enter the default login credentials of the TP-Link RE505X extender into the given fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- The TP-Link extender dashboard will appear on the screen.
- Now, go to the Settings menu.
- Click the Advanced Settings option and select High Speed.
- The High Speed window will come into view.
- Select the Enable check box.
- Thereafter, click the Auto option.
- Let your TP-Link extender decide which band the high-speed network will work on depending upon the settings of the host router.
- Lastly, click the Save button.
As soon as you click Save, the TP Link high speed mode feature will get configured on your RE505X AX1500 Wi-Fi range extender. Just in case the high speed mode doesn’t get enabled on your TP-Link range extender, consider walking through the troubleshooting tactics discussed below.
Fixed: Can’t Enable TP Link High Speed Mode
- Ensure that the power LED on your TP-Link extender is stable. If not, then it might be due to an insufficient power supply. In that case, we recommend you check the wall socket into which your TP-Link extender is plugged. If it is damaged, either repair it or use another wall socket to power up your TP-Link device.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your TP-Link range extender to the host router needs to be damage-free. If it has cuts, then replace it with a new one. Also, ensure that the connection is finger-tight. You can also use a wireless source to connect the extender to the router in case you don’t have access to an Ethernet cable. But, remember to maintain a safe distance between your WiFi devices.
- An outdated web browser might also be stopping you from enabling the TP Link high speed mode on the extender. So, update the web browser you are currently using. Also, consider clearing the cache, cookies, and browsing history of the web browser by navigating to the Settings section.
- Did you type the web address of the TP-Link extender in the search bar of the web browser? Well, you shouldn’t have done that. Know that the default web address of the TP-Link extender can be accessed using the address bar only.
- Ensure that your TP-Link extender isn’t working in the OneMesh network.
- Above all, avoid doing anything with your extender amidst the process of enabling the TP Link high speed mode.
Configuring the TP Link high speed mode lets you enjoy a super-fast internet connection throughout the home. Here’s to hope that you will be able to configure the high-speed mode on your TP-Link extender using the above-discussed guidelines. If not, then what are experts here for?. They would love to help you.