Learn Easy Steps of TP-Link Extender Setup Through Mobile
If you buy a brand new TP-Link extender to stay connected to the internet, then you make a great choice. With the help of this device, you will get blazing-fast internet speed and also enhance the existing network throughout the house. In this blog, we will walk you through the simple steps of TP-Link extender setup through mobile device. We advise you to read this entire blog without missing any important points.
Before we talk about how to do the extender setup through mobile phone, let’s go over the important stuff you’ll need for this process.
Requirements: TP-Link Extender Setup Through Mobile
Here’s a list of important things you’ll need to have with you:
- You should have a stable and reliable internet connection from your internet service provider.
- Locate the best location to put your extender, where it can work well.
- Make sure there’s an electrical outlet nearby where you can plug in the extender.
- Get a good-quality Ethernet cable.
- eep the default login info in mind, like the default username and password.
- A device, like a mobile phone or tablet, to do the setup.
So, these are the things you should have ready before you start setting up the extender. Once you have everything on this list, you can go ahead and follow the steps for a successful TP-Link extender setup through mobile phone.
Instructions for TP-Link Extender Setup Through Mobile
Follow these steps to set up the TP-Link Wi-Fi range extender using the Tether mobile app:
Step 1: Unboxing and Placement
- Unbox your TP-Link extender.
- Choose a dust-free or right location for your extender.
- Ideally, it should be placed between your router and the area with weak signal reception.
- Ensure your extender is within a reasonable range of your router.
Step 2: Power Up the Extender
- Plug your TP-Link extender into an electrical outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the device.
- After that the power LED lights up, indicating that the extender is powered on.
Step 3: Download the Tether App
- Now you need to download the Tether app on your device. You can do this by scanning the QR code located at the bottom of the device or by using the app store.
- To download the app via the app store you need to open the Google Play Store if you are a user of Android device. Or if you are a user of an iOS device launch the Apple App Store.
- After opening the app store search the Tether app and download it.
- Once done, install the application for the TP-Link extender setup through mobile.
Step 4: Log In to the App
- Launch the Tether app on your mobile. If you don’t have an account, then Tap on the” Create a TP-Link ID” button to sign up for a free account.
- Give the asked details like mobile number or email ID.
- After that tap on “Sign up”.
Step 5: Add Your TP-Link Extender
- After logging in to Tether app, you’ll automatically be taken to the My Devices screen. This will be empty if you haven’t added a device before.
- Press the “Add” button to start adding your TP-Link Wi-Fi range extender.
- Now choose your device type. You must select “Range Extender.”
Step 6: Select Host Network
Now select your home network from the list and enter your existing WiFi password when prompted. This will allow the extender to connect to your router and extend its signal.
Step 7: Choose an Extended Network Name (SSID)
- You’ll have the option to give your extended network a unique name (SSID).
- This can help you differentiate between your main network and the extended one.
- Choose a name that’s easy to identify.
Step 8: Complete the Setup
- Once you’ve entered the desired SSID, click on the “Finish” or “Save” button.
- Your TP-Link extender will now configure the settings and establish a connection to your router.
- This might take a few moments.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully done the TP-Link extender setup through mobile device. By following these easy steps, you’ve expanded your WiFi coverage, eliminating those pesky dead zones and weak signals. Now you can enjoy seamless internet connectivity throughout your home without any hassle.