The Easiest Way to Change TP Link Extender Password
While it might sound a good idea to set one common password for all your WiFi devices, but doing so can actually leave your WiFi devices vulnerable to hackers. Thus, it is important for you to change the password of your WiFi devices, every now and then, to keep them safe and secure. With this particular thought, we have come up with this guide explaining how to change TP Link extender password.
Whether you are just left with the process of changing your extender’s password or are planning to reset the existing one, our team of technical experts recommends you keep a few points in mind when changing the password of your TP Link WiFi extender. They are as follows:
- Make sure you set a password for your device that is easy for you to remember but hard to guess for others.
- Avoid setting the same password for your other accounts like email or social media.
- Do not include personal information in your password such as birth date, phone number, etc.
- If you are not pro to learn each and every password you set for your devices or accounts, consider using a password manager.
Now, let’s get started with the process of changing TP Link extender password. Here we go:
Steps to Change TP Link Extender Password
- Connect your TP Link extender to the WiFi router with the help of an Ethernet cable or wirelessly, the choice is all yours. However, make sure your router is already configured.
- Now, turn on the TP Link extender by plugging it into a working wall outlet.
- Let the LED on your extender become stable.
- Next, launch a web browser on your system and type the default web address of your TP link extender into the address field for accessing the login page.
Note: You can also use the default IP for getting success with the login process.
- As soon as you reach the TP Link extender login page, you will be asked to type in your default credentials.
- Fill in your default TP Link extender password and proceed further by clicking OK.
Note: If you are not aware of the default login details, ask our technical experts to help you out in this regard.
- TP Link setup wizard will appear on your system’s screen.
- Once there, head towards the Management tab and choose the Access Control option.
- From there, locate and select the Password tab.
Note: The location of the Password tab may differ as per the TP Link extender model you are making use of. Thus, if you don’t find it under the Management section, navigate to the Maintenance > Administration option.
- Now, navigate to the System Tools > Advanced option.
- TP Link extender password change form will appear on your screen.
- Enter the new password you want to set for your device and hit Apply Changes button.
- As soon as you complete the step, the setup wizard of your TP Link extender will automatically turn sign off and you will be taken to the TP Link extender login window.
- Now, you need to again log in to your extender using the new password.
We hope you got success with the process!
Checkpoints While Changing TP Link Extender Password
If you don’t want any hurdle while changing the password of your TP Link WiFi range extender, there are certain checkpoints you need to take care of:
- Make sure the Ethernet cable used by you for connecting your devices is not worn out.
- Update your web browser to the latest version before accessing the login page of your TP Link range extender.
- Keep your TP Link WiFi extender away from things or appliances causing WiFi interference. For instance, you can place your device far from Bluetooth speakers, fish tanks, baby monitors, aluminum studs, cellular phones, etc.
- Cross-check the power socket to which you have plugged in your extender. It should be offering a fluctuation-free power supply.
- Keep the manual of your TP Link extender handy if you are unaware of the default web/IP address of your device.
- Free of your web browser by deleting cache and cookies from it to get the TP Link extender login success.
This guide offers enough information on how to change TP Link extender password. We anticipate that you will surely get success with the password-changing process of your TP Link WiFi range extender. Just in case you still are struggling to make changes to your device’s password, feel free to contact our technical experts and let them do all the hard work for you in an instant.