TP Link OneMesh Network: Everything You Need to Know
TP-Link has been manufacturing numerous networking products to satisfy people’s internet requirements since two decades. The features of devices manufactured by TP-Link can anyone go bewildered. Especially when it comes to extenders, TP-Link is at par. Range extenders by TP-Link not only provide a higher WiFi coverage but also allows users to connect multiple client devices at the same time. The reason is the TP Link OneMesh network. What is a OneMesh network? Let’s find out.
What is TP Link OneMesh Network?
The OneMesh network allows the extender and the host router to work together for a joined WiFi network. Once you set up the TP Link OneMesh network on your range extender, you are free to walk through the entire home and stay connected with the fastest possible internet speeds. However, the host router must also support the OneMesh network and running on its updated firmware version. Now, let’s shed light on the advantages of setting up a OneMesh network on the TP-Link range extender.
Advantages: TP Link OneMesh Network
I. Unified WiFi Network
The router as well as the TP-Link range extender share the same wireless settings, including SSID, WiFi password, access control settings, etc.
II. Flawless Roaming
After setting up the TP Link OneMesh network, your WiFi-enabled devices will switch automatically between the router and extender as you move throughout the home. It will help you to achieve higher internet speeds.
III. Easy Setup and Management
Setting up a OneMesh Network on the TP-Link range extender is quite easy. You can easily configure and manage the network by accessing the extender’s web user interface.
Now that you have learned the benefits of setting the TP Link OneMesh Network on your extender, give a read to the steps to configure it.
How to Set Up TP Link OneMesh Network?
Note: No matter whether you have installed RE505X AX Wi-Fi 6 range extender or RE605X AX1800 Wi-Fi range extender, the steps to set up the OneMesh network will remain the same.
- First of all, plug your TP-Link extender into a working wall outlet near the host router.
- Turn on your wireless extender.
- Now, wait until the power LED does not light up and become stable.
- Grab an Ethernet cable and use it to connect the extender and router.
- Once done, switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser of your choice.
- Head over to the address bar and type the extender’s default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the official login page of the TP-Link range extender.
- Now, enter the extender’s default login credentials in the given fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- The TP-Link extender dashboard will welcome you.
- Now, navigate to the Settings tab.
- Select the OneMesh option.
- Toggle on the Join OneMesh option.
The TP Link OneMesh network will get configured on your range extender. Once done, you can manage the devices connected to the OneMesh network. Give a thorough read to the next section in order to learn how to control devices in your home network when connected to OneMesh.
To Manage Devices Connected to OneMesh Network
- Launch a web browser on your wireless client device.
- Log in to the TP-Link extender or the host router using the default admin details.
- Reach the OneMesh page by accessing the Settings section.
- Now, you will be able to see the client devices connected to the TP Link OneMesh network.
- So, you can easily manage them according to your need.
That’s how you can view and manage devices connected to the OneMesh network. On the off chance, you come across any problem while managing the TP Link OneMesh network or devices connected to it, walk through these steps.
Fixed: Can’t Manage TP-Link OneMesh Network
- Make sure that the web browser you are using to manage the TP-Link OneMesh network is running on its updated version.
- The wireless client device being used to set up or manage the OneMesh network should not be packed with excess security. Excess security refers to antivirus software or firewall. You need to disable them temporarily before setting up or managing the OneMesh network.
Setting up the TP Link OneMesh network on the extender will facilitate you with numerous benefits. Anticipating that now you have learned everything about the OneMesh network. In case you need further guidance, our experts are wholehearted dedicated to users like you.